28 nov 2013

How to use makeup (the basic)

1 reacties
 

Good makeup is all a girl needs.. well that's my point of view, and I admit I can't live without it.
Yesterday they were two girls in a shop.. just talking about makeup. The girls were telling each other they were afraid to use it. The key word however is practice.
I started to do makeup when I was 13 years old.. just at home. I loved my mothers case.

How to Prevent Your Foundation from Turning Orange
When I was 16 I started to use foundation (the brown stuff)... and I admit I had my blunders: too brown, too light, forgetting my neck.. I  did it all. The teenage boys in my class would always asking me: why you use it, stay natural. The truth was.. using makeup to look natural was the hardest thing. 
I said was.. now I'm 23 and it's just 5 minutes and I'm done. Don't be afraid it doesn't have to cost you 7 years to learn. Now in the world of blogs, YouTube, Pinterest you're going to learn fast. The only question is: are you ready to get started?

1. Concealer
They all say something else.. so I'm just going to share what works for me.
Pick a color lighter than your foundation/skincolor. Bring it UNDER your eyes + a little bit on your cheeks (check picture below). The concealer has to be thick: a stick is a good idea.
Use  finger to blend. If it looks light.. don't worry: the foundation (2) will go over it and makes it darker anyway.
If you want a brand.. MAC is always a good investment.
Concealer How to.

2. Foundation
The hard part: picking a good foundation.. better to go lighter than to go to brown. 
It's just not good that people are seeing to hard that you are wearing makeup. Stay classy, so stay natural. You can always make yourself 'browner' with powder afterwards.. so don't worry. 
Pick a store with good lightening to check the foundation on your hand: choose one with a yellow undertone, better than a pink one: again to stay natural. 
Beginners keep 1 color for ALL  the face, experienced girls can use more colors to get dept.
Good brand: Loreal Infaillible (I use sand, when I was younger darker: honey)
Also of course Mac (like always)
All About Proportions

3. Powder
Powder your whole face with one good NATURAL (keyword) color: keep it simple. This is the trick to let the makeup stay for hours. Use your brush but don't take the makeup OFF your face with it. 
Any brand is good, loose powder is better (it doesn't stick at one place).

Create dept with BLUSHING POWDER. Here you can choose your own thing. Just don't overdo it. 
Pink.. on top of your cheeks. (OVAL SHAPED girls)
Brown (a little bit), on the sides of your cheeks. (SQUARE SHAPED girls)
How to Apply Blush According to Your Face Shape

4. Finish it.
Here you can go as far as you want... 
Putting mascara on isn't really a problem for a lot of people (good job!). Just don't forget to actually use it... it's the basic for a clean and healthy look. What I think it's important that you divide your eyelashes.. hate when they stick together. Have fun chicas, the world of makeup just opened for you, questions? Just ask!
Applying mascara is one of the most basic make-up tricks in the book but I always like to try out new ways to apply it and see what creates the best, most effective look.




1 opmerking :